A blog about SQL Server, SSIS, C# and whatever else I happen to be dealing with in my professional life.

Find ramblings

Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Generating a workload for AdventureWorks

Just a quick note, if you need to generate some database activity, Jonathan Keyhayias has the The AdventureWorks2008R2 Books Online Random Workload Generator that works "fine enough" for AdventureWorks2014.

Run AdventureWorks BOL Workload.ps1

I modified line 5 to point to my server and line 21 to point to AdventureWorks2014.

AdventureWorks BOL Workload.sql

Despite the PowerShell script setting the database context, the accompanying .sql file has explicit USE statements but a quick search and replace for AdventureWorks2008R2 -> AdventureWorks2014 had me up and running.

Thank you to Jonathan for the handy script. Now if you'll excuse me, I have query activity to capture.

No comments: